I hadn't worn this Tunic for at least a year.
It spends most of it's life in suit bags travelling from Fashion Talks to Workshops, as it's one of my favourite examples of REinventing
It proves that you can't make a mistake
when you listen to your intuition.
Bought from the Oppy as Fishermans Pants I had every intention of turning them into a skirt - using the fold-over contrasting top section as the feature on the skirt.
I was a tad dismayed when I discovered that the contrasting turn-over section, which was to sit around my hips/waist, was most definately not going to do me any favours - my tummy doesn't need highlighting with more bulk!
So I walked away - a REinventing tool I advocate strongly.
Upon my return I lifted the garment and I liked what I saw - it was going to work much better as a top bit than a bottom bit.
It spends most of it's life in suit bags travelling from Fashion Talks to Workshops, as it's one of my favourite examples of REinventing
It proves that you can't make a mistake
when you listen to your intuition.
Bought from the Oppy as Fishermans Pants I had every intention of turning them into a skirt - using the fold-over contrasting top section as the feature on the skirt.
I was a tad dismayed when I discovered that the contrasting turn-over section, which was to sit around my hips/waist, was most definately not going to do me any favours - my tummy doesn't need highlighting with more bulk!
So I walked away - a REinventing tool I advocate strongly.
Upon my return I lifted the garment and I liked what I saw - it was going to work much better as a top bit than a bottom bit.


really cute but I wish you had posted before pictures :)
ReplyDeleteInka
I get that comment often.
ReplyDeleteBeing that REinventing for me is such a creative process I never know what is going into a garment until it's finished.
I love it! The whole outfit is great.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
ReplyDeleteWould be nice to be able to see what you do?!