Stella has been learning to sew these holidays and to date she has made a Journal Cover, Tote Bag and a Top.
She's been able to choose her own fabrics & combinations of fabrics for each project - fabrics from my stash.
It has been an interesting exercise in 'Mother/Daughter Relations' as the choices she has made would not have been mine and even with gentle persuasion she could not be swayed.

So, for her latest project, the Top (which was inspired by these), I laid out 4 fabric choices and was excited to see which she would choose.
The process of elimination was fascinating, as she picked each piece up, examined it, held it to herself and discussed (mostly with herself) which would look the best finished....
in the end her choice of fabric matched perfectly the style of Top and (shhhh!) would have been my choice!

I love watching & listening to her work
her level of concentration is remarkable
and combined with those hands - I'm in awe.

She's been able to choose her own fabrics & combinations of fabrics for each project - fabrics from my stash.
It has been an interesting exercise in 'Mother/Daughter Relations' as the choices she has made would not have been mine and even with gentle persuasion she could not be swayed.

So, for her latest project, the Top (which was inspired by these), I laid out 4 fabric choices and was excited to see which she would choose.
The process of elimination was fascinating, as she picked each piece up, examined it, held it to herself and discussed (mostly with herself) which would look the best finished....
in the end her choice of fabric matched perfectly the style of Top and (shhhh!) would have been my choice!

I love watching & listening to her work
her level of concentration is remarkable
and combined with those hands - I'm in awe.


Talent runs in her veins!
ReplyDeleteWe think we got the recipe right with this one!
ReplyDeleteShe chose well
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Thanks Melissa - she hasn't hardly taken it off she loves it so much.
ReplyDelete