We called into Emergency on the way home from the movies as I was extremely concerned about her breathing - very shallow and laboured. Thankfully the Triage nurse was as concerned as she whisked her in for Obs straight away.
Her temp was up and her oxygen levels down. First they diagnosed her with Pneumonia however it was decided soon after a chest x-ray to treat the symptoms as Asthma. She and Dan overnighted and will be home this afternoon.
This is her first Asthma attack. Most likely brought on by the virus she had a couple of weeks ago and exaserbated by a bout of Hayfever, brought on by cleaning her room and pollen in the air with the change of season.
Her temp was up and her oxygen levels down. First they diagnosed her with Pneumonia however it was decided soon after a chest x-ray to treat the symptoms as Asthma. She and Dan overnighted and will be home this afternoon.
This is her first Asthma attack. Most likely brought on by the virus she had a couple of weeks ago and exaserbated by a bout of Hayfever, brought on by cleaning her room and pollen in the air with the change of season.
I blame her school!Because she loves her teacher and the school soooooo much she never wants a day off so has not been confiding some of her symptoms.
As she's lying on her 'death-bed' she slipped the oxygen mask down and asked if you can get Pneumonia from loosing blood - because she's been falling over a lot lately. Which she has, her kness and hands are scabby bruised lumps. Before I could answer she said "Oh - maybe I have been falling over because of the Pneumonia. I've been feeling weak and tired a lot lately and have been having headaches most afternoons".
They make you laugh and they make you cry.....which is actually very aging!
Goodness Me Stella - you must tell us when you feel bad! Thats no good - but I'm glad you are on the improve. XX
ReplyDeleteStella, Stella, Stella!!!! Bless your cotton socks.....
ReplyDeleteMy little one is a trouper too. She had pneumonia twice one year, and barely even slowed down. But the will to live life to the fullest is so strong in some kids, it's scary and inspiring, all at once.
ReplyDeleteShe has always taken everything life throws at her in her stride - with a smile on her face! This has given her a scare though as she is saying now she keeps having "flash-backs to the time I couldn't breathe". From now on I think she will share more and also I'll ask more and maybe we'll find a balance, avoiding another trip to hospital.
ReplyDeleteOh and thanks for the comments & the phone calls.